Do you know what these signs really mean? You might be surprised!
U-turns are NOT permitted at:
- an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal (traffic lights)
- permitted by a traffic control device
- where a sign prohibits U-turns
- on a roadway between intersections
- at an alley intersection
- at an intersection where one or more of the roadways is an access to a public or private parking lot which the public can access
CTS Bus Stop Zones
Absolutely No Stopping at all in these transit zones. Transit zones include the entire distance from the bus stop sign to the preceding intersection. Every year, Sam parents receive parking tickets for utilizing this stretch of curb to park for drop-off and pick-up purposes.
Pedestrian Crossing Sign.
This signifies a Marked Crosswalk. You may not park within 5 metres in any direction of any intersection,
and absolutely No U-Turns.
Note that other parking restrictions apply to driveways on the street and garage access in alleyways. No parking in opposing direction or within 1.5 metres of a Driveway or Garage.