Do you want to make a difference?
Become a volunteer and part of our active school community
When you volunteer you:
- Get to know other parents, students, teachers and the school
- Can bring in your ideas, talents and creativity
- Ensure that all the events during the school year can happen
- Make a huge difference to your child’s learning experience
- Have lots of fun
No matter how much time you can spare there is something for everybody
You can help at
- ongoing school wide events like
- Fun Lunches
- Popcorn Days
- Movie Nights
- school wide events like
- Craft Night
- Halloween Dance
- Library Book Fairs
- Fine Arts Productions
- in the class
- as room parent
- as support for the teacher if required
- at special events like inline-skating or field trips
- ongoing and special projects
- Legacy Projects if required
- Garden boxes, sandbox improvement etc.
- school Photo Days
- Staff Appreciation Lunch
More information about volunteering
There are a variety of ways to learn more about volunteer opportunities:
- on SignUp.com
- CBE website
- in your childs backpack (backpack mail)
- emails sent during the year
- Volunteer Coordinator (Alexandra Hebib for 2016/2017) email
- Principal Susan Wright at 403-777-6890, ext. 0 or email
What do I need to do to become a volunteer?
- Bring two pieces of valid identifications with you to the school office and complete a CBE Annual Volunteer Registration Form.
- The school office will provide you with a letter that will help you apply for your police check using the online ePIC system (at home) at: https:// policeinformationcheck.calgarypolice.ca On this website there are step by step instructions on the left hand side that will guide you.
** You MUST click “Share with CBE” when prompted or your process will not be complete.
More information on the CBE website here
Contact the school to see if your police security clearance has arrived.
Volunteering in the school? Make sure you are familiar with the Volunteer Ethics and Guidelines