It is quite a remarkable thing to have an engaged, excited parent, student and staff community. At Sam Livingston we are very fortunate to be able to contribute to a school culture by way of channeling the time, energy and funding of many parents and students into numerous activities. Learn more about what we do and an overview of our plans for this school year here:
Who are we?
Parent volunteers who want to help enrich our children’s experience by building community & spirit; supporting our school’s core learning values; and acting in an advisory capacity with the school and board.
We technically operate as two organizations, with similar/same elected volunteer directors to separate our financial matters from the rest of what we do, as recommended for legal and accounting purposes by the Alberta School Council’s Association:
- Sam Livingston School Council (SLSC) – this is our main organizational body, working with administration and parents to organize and run spirit events and other activities that support the school and student culture.
- Association of Sam Livingston School Council (ASLSC) – this is our financial organizational body, working with parents to fundraise for spirit and community events and managing the council budget.
What do we do?
- Organise a variety of spirit & fun events such as Movie Nights, the annual family Halloween Dance, Craft Nights, Popcorn Days & Fun Lunch (grades 1-4).
- Fundraise to support our school with new technology (Smartboards & Ipads), cultural performances (French language plays), creative learning opportunities (Trickster Residency), musical instruments, in-line skating and much more.
- Support an annual need/ focus item, in conjunction with school administration, which brings significant enhancement to the school learning environment, benefiting ALL students.